As a patient you have the right to:
- Access: access NHS services that are appropriate to your needs.
- Communication and participation: get information about your health and the services available to you and to be involved in decisions about your care.
- Confidentiality: your personal health information to be kept confidential, to know how it is used and how to access it.
- Respect: be treated as an individual and with dignity and respect, no matter what.
- Safety: the best care and treatment possible by qualified staff in a safe and clean setting.
- Feedback and complaints: have a say about your health care and to have any concerns or complaints dealt with in the most appropriate way.